Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Saito X Louise SWEET SCENE ~ BakaTsuki ~ Zero No Tsukaima LIGHT NOVEL ~ Part 3

VOLUME 6 ~ CHAPTER 3

Louise was crying inside the boat in the courtyard.
She could hear the sounds of the footsteps and voices of the servants that were looking for her inside the castle. But, just like when she was a child, this boat in the courtyard was a safe place. With its figure hidden by the small island’s shadow, it became a blind spot when looked at from inside the castle and didn’t stand out at all.
Just like in the time when she was still a kid, she had curled herself up and had covered herself with the blanket that she brought with her. When she was a child and did that... her feelings would usually slowly calm down, but this time it didn’t go so well. It appears that her mood that had sunken so low, just couldn’t brighten up no matter what.
The small steps of someone stepping on the soil inside the courtyard resounded.
She held her breath and stood still as the sounds transformed to the powerful sounds of feet crossing over the wooden bridge that reached up to the small island.
Thinking, “This is bad,” she buried her body even deeper into the blanket that was covering her.
As soon as she did that... Splash! The sound of the master of the footsteps jumping into the pond could be heard and she tugged on the blanket.
Unintentionally she uncovered a part of her body and then heard her name being called.
“Louise.”
“... Saito?”
“Let’s go. Your big sister has prepared a carriage.”
“... I won’t go.”
“Why?”
“Because my family hasn’t allowed me to.”
“It’s impossible. Your family is on the other side after all. You all sure are stubborn.”
Saito stretched out his hands. However, Louise immediately shook them off.
“What is it already?”
“I don’t want to anymore. It’s fine.”
“Why?”
“Because no matter what I say, no matter how hard I work, I just can’t talk with my family. Who would recognize me? After I thought that I ended up feeling really very lonely.”
Are you concerned with stuff like that? Think about earlier. This girl... as soon as I’m not around for a little, she starts thinking normally.
Getting in the boat, Saito grasped Louise’s hand.
“Geez. I will recognize you. I will, your whole existence, completely positively. That’s why, stand up. C’mon.”
After hearing that, Louise blushed and felt her heart becoming warm and fuzzy.
But, she thought to herself that she couldn’t have confidence in Saito’s words alone.
After all, Saito is fine.
After all, her breasts’ size was the same as a kid’s.
That black-haired girl that listens to anything he says is better, isn’t she?
She felt lonely, because she couldn’t get either her parents or sisters to understand her. The Siesta from yesterday’s words left a trail as well. “Saito doesn’t like Louise at all.” Those words had seriously harmed Louise’s self-confidence and will to do anything. Louise hadn’t recognized those words as her own thoughts, but she kept remembering them.
Therefore, Louise grumbled.
“What 'I’ll recognize you?' Don’t lie”
“It’s not a lie.”
“It’s a lie. Even in this time’s war you want to fight for the Princess’ honor. The same as Guiche.”
“W-What does the Princess have...”
Remembering, Louise said with cold voice.
“You kissed her, didn’t you?”
“Are you an idiot? That was just the way things turned out...”
“Are you saying you kissed her by mistake? Heee... is that so?”
Saito was slowly getting angry. In anger, he caught Louise’s shoulder and forced her to face him.
“W-What is it?!”
“Are you an idiot?!”
“Who’s an idiot?!”
“Don’t just decide who I like, just because you’re in a bad mood, you selfish daughter! You think that just because you’re my master and I’m your familiar, you have the right to tell me who I like?!”
Saito was staring at Louise with burning eyes, shouting at her. Everything I said came from the bottom of my heart. Why can't this girl understand that? he thought to himself cursing his own impulses.
“H-H-How dare you say that?!”
“Yeah, I’ll say it as many times as needed. Honestly, I don’t want to have any connection with your guys’ duties and wars, I’d rather go search for a way to return home! I want to go back to Eastern Japan! I do!”
“Then just go ahead!”
Louise shouted. What is this, she thought. Isn’t it fine not to yell so much? Be gentler. I’m feeling down right now.
Saito was always like that. When Louise wanted to do something, he wouldn’t listen to her at all even though he was her familiar he didn’t understand a thing. He would always turn against her.
That Saito, at whom Louise had yelled, was breathing heavily with his shoulders going up and down. Probably he was choosing which words to answer her back with. Idiot. Idiot, idiot. After you say something, move away your face, Louise thought. I wonder what lines he’s going to spew back at me? Exactly how is he going to answer back to me, who told him “Then just go ahead”? “Yeah, I understand! I’ll go back,” probably?
However, Saito’s reply completely blew off Louise’s expectations.
For some reason Saito’s... face reddened,
“I love you!”
The air solidified. For a moment, Louise didn’t realize what she had just been told.
Just now, what did he say? love? Like as in, that Love? What’s this about?
“... Eh?”
“I said I love you! Whenever I look at you my heart starts beating fast! Isn’t that what people call love?! That’s why I love you! And that’s why if you want to protect the Princess’ honor I’ll come do it with you and you should just go ahead and go instead of complaining here!”
“Eh? Eeh?”
“Anyway, right now you aren’t cute at all! What’s with this?! What do you think I’m risking my life and fighting for?! It’s because I love you! If I didn’t I’d just stay in my room and sleep!”
Saito said what he had to say and tried to stand up, but then he noticed.
Louise was restraining him and waiting while blushing.
Suddenly, Saito felt a bit of regret. Aah, what did I end up saying just now?! Wait a minute, I just confessed! Why?! If I consider the circumstances... now isn’t the time to be confessing... I don’t get this.
Saito fell prostrate into the boat.


After some time passed... Louise returned to herself.
She was confused, because she didn’t understand what had happened. Anyway, it seemed like she had been confessed to. She had clearly been told by Saito “I love you”.
“What should I do?” she thought.
At the same moment she thought that, she realized that she’d probably have to tell everyone. And wariness took over her mind. Anger and delight, two opposite feelings, gushed forth. Not completely understanding the situation, Louise’s face started reddening and she lifted Saito’s face up.
“If it’s a lie, I’ll kill you.”
She said only that with a shaky voice. Just how red was her face right now? To what extent were her cheeks dyed in red? Anyway, it was hot.
“It’s not a lie!”
“I don’t really like you.”
“I know that.”
“Because, you keep jumping from girl to girl all over the place.”
“I won’t. I won’t from now on.”
“It’s not a question of whether you will or won’t. Anyway, just after one year of knowing me, you said those words with such confidence. Maybe it’s just false confidence.”
“T-Thank you.”
Because she had said all that with a voice, coming from the depths of her heart, Saito ended up thinking that Louise is awfully cute. His thoughts went so far, that he ended up wanting to hug her and stroke her cheeks.
But he couldn’t say such stuff. Louise was incredibly prideful after all. And that pride enveloped Louise’s heart, creating a very thick armor out of which her true feelings could hardly ever reach out.
Louise caught Saito’s shoulders and lifted her hip. And then she peered into his face with serious eyes.
At that moment, Kirche’s words resounded in her ears.
“You probably didn’t let him do anything, right? If that’s the case, it would be obvious that he’d be taken by other girls.”
She thought Uu~, won’t it be fine to let him for a bit? and similar things. But, as she thought that it got hard to get into the mood. Even allowing him for a bit was difficult.
However, the only things she couldn’t stand was watching him think about or touch other girls. Louise helplessly decided to gather a bit of real courage.
“H-Hey, you know. Mmm...”
“Yes?”
“Because when you told your Master that you like her you practically swore loyalty, a r-r-reward is necessary, isn’t it?”
“A reward?”
“That’s right. The princess has always told me that loyalty should always be rewarded.”
“I-I see...”
Saito could no longer tell exactly what Louise was trying to do. But when he heard Louise’s next words his blood rose up to his head.
“O-Only one place, okay?”
“What?”
“O-On your Master’s body, only one place, one that you like, i-it’s fine to touch.”
As she said that, not removing her hands from Saito’s shoulders, Louise closed her eyes.
I’ll die, Saito thought. 

If I’m told things like this, I’ll die. But if, before I die, I, t-this Louise, then... If this way too cute Master, I, then... As his mind was becoming more and more chaotic, he hugged Louise and suddenly snatched away her lips.
And Louise,
“Ah...” released a moan.
A kiss, hm. So that’s what you decided, hmm. Certainly, unmistakably, it’s only one place.
But, a kiss? Is that the most important? Somehow, Louise ended up feeling more and more in love with Saito, who chose to kiss at a time like this.
However, it seemed that, because they were kissing, Saito’s excitement increased to the max. Having forgotten the “Only one place” rule, his hand reached under Louise’s skirt.
Louise became confused. This is bad, he doesn't seem to be taking me seriously enough.
“I-Idiot..., only one place..., moreover, you, that suddenly..., hey, wait, hey, what are you thinking, hey, idiot, wa-, you, an, that sort of, yan, idiot...”
“Like.”
Saito muttered incoherently, biting on Louise’s earlobe. Louise’s strength left her body and she was pushed down in the boat. Muu, such serious love. “Which is more important,” she wondered, as Saito was pushing her down with endless energy.
“T, that, wait, hey..., no good, breasts, not the breasts. No way, not there, nowhere.”
Because of the hands that were in her skirt and in the gap of her shirt, Louise was slowly overtaken by desperation.
“Like. Like very much. Really like.”
Just like using a treasured sword passed down in a family, Saito kept repeating “Like” rapidly. As was to be expected from the magical word, it stole Louise’s willpower as if electricity was running through her.
“...D-Do you really like me?”
Unintentionally she asked back.
“Yes.”
“Really, honestly? ... Ah”
As she said that their lips connected.
Wait a bit. Even if you like me it’s bad to do it so suddenly. I'm not prepared yet and I also have my pride.
That’s right, I am Louise Françoise Le Blanc de La Vallière.
I am a Duke’s family’s third daughter.
I am, you know, not as easy as a town woman.
There is absolutely no way I’d marry just yet. I can't do it until I'm married for at least three months; even then, where is this familiar touching his Master. I won’t allow him to get so in o-o-oooooo-over his head. Thinking that, Louise raised her fist over her head. Aiming at his nether region, she hit him with her leg.
As soon as she did that, their lips parted and he whispered near her ear.
“I like you. Louise, I like you a lot.”
And with an “I like you a lot” it was decided. Louise was bringing down her fist, but she suddenly lost her strength and unintentionally hugged Saito’s back.
“Aah, now there’s no way out, what should I do, Mother, I will probably be turned into a star by Louise.” As he muttered that, Saito wondered what kind of face he should make at this moment, in the end.


VOLUME 6 ~ CHAPTER 8

Louise found a letter within Colbert’s manual. But because of all the craziness around she did not pay attention to it.
“Letter.”
This got Saito’s attention.
“Letter?”
“Yes. Mister Colbert’s. Read it?”
Saito nodded.
Louise spread the letter and started to read it aloud.

Saito-kun, was my invention useful?
If it is so, then I am glad. For you… no, to all students, not just as a teacher, it would make me happy if it would be of any use for you. Very happy.
Now, why did I decide to write this letter today – I have a request. No, nothing weird. And be relieved it is not about money either.
As to what this discourse is about, it is some dream of mine.
If things which one can only do by magic, could be done by technologies that everyone could use.
Have you seen? Happy Little Snake.
Well, that certainly is not just a toy…
I hope that there will be a use for every splendid technology some day.
It is my dream.
Let's get to it, though I‘m still worrying whether to say it or not…
In the past, I committed a crime.
Too big a crime.
It is so big that it will never be forgiven.
As a redemption for this crime I have devoted myself to research…
Recently I thought.
No, my crime will never be forgiven.
Even if my inventions are useful… It won’t erase the crime I committed.
Therefore, I want you to promise me one thing.
Look, you will be facing a lot of difficult situations.
And you will go into war, and you will see many people die.
But…
Do not get used to it.
Do not become accustomed to people's death.
Do not think it is natural.
The moment you do that – something will break.
I do not want you to become like me.
Therefore, I ask repeatedly.
Do not become accustomed to war.
Do not become accustomed to killing each other.
Do not become accustomed to death.

Behind the cloud... one could see the Tristain-Germania united fleet heading to Rosais.
The number had decreased a lot.
Still… most ships were still intact, so they likely won the battle.
Even though they won, the ones that survived looked worn-out. Many of the ships' hulls were damaged, masts were broken. There was a ship that lost all cannons completely as well.
Louise continued to read the letter aloud. 



Well, my request is coming to an end.
Remember, what you said to me once?
That you came from a different world.
In this world of yours, the flying machines that you use pierce the sky, and technology is much better developed than in Halkeginia, right?
This is what I would like to see.
I could use it in my research.
Therefore, when you go east… I want you to take me with you.
No, I am not joking. Seriously.
Therefore, do not die.
Return alive absolutely.
Even if I can't go to the east with you.
P.S.
In that world, are there "cars" that everyone can use and they drive on the roads? 
Are there little boxes with which one can communicate over long distances?
Has a person really reached the moon?
To be able to do that without magic, must be really wonderful.
I want to see that kind of world.

“That’s it. Weird person. He really wants to go to your world.”  
Saito, while sniffing, thanked Louise.
“Thank you.”
Louise gently embraced Saito's neck. And murmured,
“Idiot. Why are you crying?”
“…felt like crying.”
“…Many things happened today, you're just tired. Once we're back on the ship, let's just get some rest.”
Louise closed her eyes, and softly kissed Saito’s neck.
Once Varsenda appeared, Saito turned the nose of the plane towards it.
On the bright sunny day, the sooty fleet looked as though it was dyed in a beautiful black paint.


VOLUME 7 ~ CHAPTER 2

“Please remember my name first – Julio Cesar.”
The name seems manly. A handsome dragon knight, who introduced himself as Julio, after gracefully bowing to Ginnumer, reported.
“The 3rd Dragon Knight Squadron, returned from the patrol flight.”
Ginnumer nodded with a smile.
“Was the first unit successful?”
“Yes.”
“Well then, get some rest.”
“Certainly.”
The knight made a soft bow.
Julio looked around the tent. This reminded Saito of the similar antipathy he felt towards Wardes when they first met. Huuh? he really did not like this fellow.
Well anyway, it is not surprising. Though Guiche was lady-killer, he was different. Was he a woman? He looked like one, with those thin and slender, appealing lips. Long eyelashes that created a beautiful shadow. While listlessly rolling hair around his thin finger covered with white gloves, he looked around the tent.
Seeing Saito, in surprise he stopped playing with his hair.
Though the left eye of the boy who introduced himself as Julio was the same color as Louise’s… the right eye that had been mostly hidden by his hair was crystal blue. In other words - the colors of his right and left eyes were different.
He smiled at Saito.
“Is it so weird that the color of my eyes are different?”
“N-no…” he blushed instinctively. What was that, he is a man, Saito tried persuade himself.
“Then don’t feel so shy looking at it.”
He said not bashfully at all. In fact, he was smiling and grinning, seemingly enjoying Saito's reaction. Foxy guy, Saito thought.
“Speaking of abnormalities. You are the rumored familiar Saiton, right?"
“It's Saito.”
In a hoity-toity gesture waved, he it away and introduced himself. He bowed gracefully.
“Sorry! I was being rude! I am a priest of Romalia, Julio Cesar. I was looking forward to meeting you… Because a human being for a familiar is very rare. I wanted to meet you at least once… Ah, and you…”
Noticing Louise, Julio took off his cool mask, and gave a wide smile. It was an innocent smile, just like a bloomed flower.
“And you are Miss Vallière? As rumored! You are very beautiful!”
Louise’s mouth opened, while he took her hand and placed it at his lips.
Saito trembled.
Just whose hand do you think you're kissing? Get away, she's mine. My master.
Saito tried to calm himself down. Louise, having a mouth pressed to her hand so suddenly, won’t let it slide. A kick will fly, a punch will fly, and a lot of blood will gush out. Saito stared in anticipation… but nothing flew at all.
Instead.
“You shouldn’t.” She cast her eyes down, with a blush on her cheeks, and said shyly.
Saito was in a cold sweat.
What’s with reaction? 

“Let’s return to Miss Vallière’s tent. That’s where our place is.”
Then, remembering Louise, Saito turned around.
Louise stood there alone *Haaaah* with a dreamy expression on her face.
Saito became suspicious.
Why is Louise making such a face?
Then he remembered.
Uh! Could it be because of Julio?
By that handsome dragon knight?
No, that priest?
Eeeh, whatever you call him!
Anyway, since awhile ago, that blush hasn't left her face…
Saito began to burn with jealousy.
She is making such face just because her hand was kissed! What a woman. Unfaithful! Unfaithful! Though not being a lover himself, Saito cursed.
This is certainly "wrong". Just because she was complimented by that beautiful face!
What about my love confession?
No… Why? He thought for a moment…
Something flashed in Saito's head.
He recalled the last party with Rene and others. "Louise and I, what relationship do we have now?" and his doubt increased.
Before, at Louise's home, she talked about "rewarding loyalty" even though I confessed.
Then… if you think about it…
The war has started now and we were in haste, and I was depressed in a room, thinking that everyone died…
When you think about it very well…
Maybe this is rejection?
I thought I was favored or kind of accepted… but when you think about it… is it an acceptance?
Loyalty reward. That’s what it was.
In other words…
He was rejected.
Saito felt like he was hit by a hammer. He kneeled down on one knee and shook his head. Rene, seeing Saito in such a state, asked uneasily.
“H-hey… Saito?”
However, others' words failed to reach Saito.
He was completely lost in his own world.
Then came despair and anger.
Be damned 100 times for being so cute.
Aaah, for this woman's wishes I went into a war that I did not want.
What was I trying so hard and risking my life for?
Cuuurse you.

Saito looked at Louise.
Louise was angry. She was raging on the road.
Angry at being ignored by her familiar. That’s understandable. I am just a familiar anyway. Yes yes.
Aaah, that’s right. Its impossible for a noble to fall in love with a humble familiar.
Saito almost cried, while thinking so.
He wanted to cry bitterly, leaving Rene to comfort him.
But… Saito choked the tears down.
What kind of girl do you think Louise is? Noble girl.
You have to be gentle.
Saito clasped fists and looked up at the night sky.
The star was blinking… beautiful.
And two moons shone… like in a dream.
Aaah, moon-star, please wash away this ugly jealousy of mine.
Yes. I am a man right?
I should ignore in anger… after all.
Then, Saito, thinking so, gave a cramp smile.
I am honorable man, he tried to persuade himself while trembling.
He thought already beaten with cold sweat.
But when he turned with concession to say “…ah, Louise come over”… surprisingly!
Louise looked the other way.
“Come over here, right.”
With her arms crossed and puffing her cheeks, she turned away.
Wh-what’s this!?
Disgusting. Even now this woman was treating him coldly.
But this time, it wasn’t Louise’s usual angry attitude.
But… this time Loise’s face looked uncomfortable.
Is this all that Louise thinks of me? Uncomfortable.
Louise's attitude was over-reacting.
Saito turned around and began to walk away quickly.
“Hey, what is this? You must be joking.”
Rene looked anxiously between Saito and Louise… and then, ran after Saito.


Louise, left behind, trembled with anger.
She bellowed towards the direction where Saito left.
“What was that?! Come over here!”
And waited for a while. But... he was not coming back.
Wha-w-w-what a selfish thing!
Louise was really pissed off.
Even though I feel insecure in the middle of the war…
I am being exploited… And what kind of compassion do I get?
Saito seemed completely not in the mood to explain anything.
Steadily, her eyes grew teary. Lately she just wanted to escape it all.
Separately, well, that's ok. Bad, but it's ok. I‘ll forgive him. That boy is like that, can not be helped. I don’t like him, really, I don’t like, aah, maybe a little.
Louise shook her head.
Don’t think. No good. Absolutely no good.
Honestly, well, he said he likes me, she thought.
However, what is this "love". Is it true?
But if it’s love why he does treat me so coldly? She could not understand.
Besides, he would not be hanging with that maid.
Really he must be saying that to all girls. Idiot. Not only to the maid.
He said ‘love’ to me as well.
Inexcusable. Fibber. Dislike. Dislike.
“That’s enough” Louise muttered while biting her lips. 


VOLUME 7 ~ CHAPTER 5


“Not good, mate.”
Derflinger muttered. Saito nodded.
“It’s in bad condition.”
Since the recent feint mission, he had such a feeling. His body felt heavy, his movements slow. No power.
“It’s over for me, partner.” Saito sighted.
“Don’t say that. Gandálfr's power lies in the strength of the heart. Partner‘s heart was shaken. In other words, you lost your motivation.”
“What?”
“I do not know. Who do you think should know more? Not me, the problem is in your heart, partner. Well, I can guess though...”
Derflinger shook.
“It’s about your noble sweetheart. Haven’t I told you before? Strong emotions are the only source of Gandálfr’s power. Now you started to mistrust your master. You doubt if your master is worth protecting or not. Your emotions were shaken. And the power left.”
“…”
“Mage and familiar. When they trust each other, their power doubles. Legendary ones are not really different.”
Saito thought absent-mindedly.
The way it is now, I cannot fight, right?
An uneasy thought crossed his mind…
But I guess, it doesn’t matter, Saito stole a quick glance at his master.
Louise was having a long talk with the priest from Romalia.
Though Saito saw it, he ignored them. Like when he saw her close to Wardes, a heavy feeling of helplessness covered his shoulders.
What about it… If Louise is taken away by him, you won’t be angry? He thought like that. Something buried deep in the heart, started to tremble.
Saito's feelings sunk further when thinking so, he was wrapped by deep helplessness.
The great general on the platform, was giving a fiery speech. As if Albion was already defeated and the victory of his army was doubtless.   These words entered through one ear and left through the other:
For what I am fighting here?
Not long ago, the reason was clear.
For Louise.
Louise is the reason.
The girl, whose sight makes my heart throb…
However, what if it is a girl who rejects my love as well?
What if Louise doesn’t want to know me anymore?
If you are not loved, why are you still hanging around?
I do not know.
I do not know?
No… the mind refuses to admit that reason. That feeling.
He could not allow for Louise’s attitude to hurt him this much.

Partner is completely convinced that you don’t like him.”
Louise bit her lips. “I-it’s natural! He is a familiar, and I am a noble!”
“Really?”
Louise’s face crumbled. Showing her girlish side, Louise sulked.
“H-he is evil. What if I am cold and alone, but he goes with other girls instead…"
“What did you say when he confessed? Instead you talked about something you haven’t witnessed and left, all that housemaid said was ‘unbuttoned’. Thus an affair is doubtful, but you selfishly made your own conclusion.”
“Uuh…”
“Haah, therefore, you flirted with a handsome boy. Don’t you think you overdid it? Anyway, even if it was just an act, you just had to go and make that cruel remark. ‘When riding behind someone, it's better to ride behind a good-looking boy’ was it?”
Louise cast her eyes down.
“When you look at it, that Romalia priest is indeed better looking. One can’t compare the faces. It’s like comparing flying creatures - a fly and a phoenix. Or land walking creatures - a mole and a lion. Or water creatures – a water fly and a swan.”
“…Aren’t you exaggerating?”
“Probably, anyhow, it wasn’t about the face. Partner patiently did not go to the east lands, just to keep you company. To you, he even confessed his ’love’. I guess such ‘loyalties embodiment’ is said to be no good at all. His pathetic self can’t compete in handsomeness with other men. However, partner shows courage in trouble, because he said he loves you…”
Louise listened for five minutes, and blushed furiously. Then, she went to the window and looked outside, looked behind the curtain, opened the closet, sought under the desk, and once she finally confirmed that there was no one in the room to listen, she turned back to the legendary sword.
“Hey, is it true? To whom he said that? How?”
“Partner is very single-minded about that. Though it’s up to you - to believe or not.”
With a blush on her cheeks, Louise became silent.
"Really, it was obvious that partner looked to be in a bad mood.”
Louise bluntly puffed her cheeks.
“I-I got it already. I forgive him! Isn’t it good enough?!”
“Then apologize, tell those little, gentle words.”
“Me? Why?! Apologizing to him…”
“Normally it should be done by both, however now it is your turn to give in, because you were nasty.”
For a while, Louise groaned – Uuuh, auuu, iiiii – regretting.
“I got it already! Only need to apologize! Just apologize!”
She shouted. Was that an apologizing attitude? 
However, Derflinger muttered warningly.
“But Partner was seriously sulking this time… he was truly disgusted by you, you know. Such an apology might not be enough.”
Louise started to look troubled.
“Worried?”
“D-don’t be stupid! It will be all right! No one can ask more for an apology!”
“Hmmm.”
Derflinger became silent. Because he wasn’t saying anything for a while, Louise grew impatient.
Eventually Louise became restless. She took up a piece of firewood which was placed near the fireplace and "Piiiiin" started to peel it off.
“Gloomy way of killing time.”
“Shut up! Well, then, tell me! Teach me what do I have to do!”
“Love.”
“Haaa?”
“Say, 'I am in love with Saito'!”
“I can’t say such thing!”
“Do you hate him?”
“I-it’s not that…”
Louise hesitated.
“Well, then, aren’t you in love?"
“I-it’s not that! Anyway, I am saying that I want to say, that I am not saying that I am saying, that I am not in love! Uuuuh! Idiot! Worn-out sword!”
“Haah, if you are like that, then pushing him down is out of the question, right?"
“That’s a splendid idea.”
“Really?”
“Splendid. Stop joking! What kind of idea is that, for a master to push down! Seriously…”
“You won’t push him down?”
“It’s out of the question! Stupid!”
“Aah, but being pushed down by a loving partner, and then embraced tightly, was pleasant, wasn’t it?”
With a scarlet blush on her cheeks, Louise cast her eyes down, and said in a tiny voice.
“…that, c-could you talk about something else?” she asked.
“Then push him down.”
“I-I don’t want to do that! Seriously! I’ll only embarrass myself. Besides it would be hard to push Gandálfr down. Hey.”
“So you say.”
“Anyway, I am La Vallière’s third daughter. I can’t say I love you to such a foolish familiar. Thus, not love. Really. He is the one who loves me, well, I admit, it feels nice. It feels great when he worships me. But it’s not enough! Do you understand?!”
“I understand… you are troubled by obstacles…”
“Anyway, faster, teach me of another way to mend his mood.”
“Make love.”
Louise slowly stood up, and started to cast a spell.
“I won’t blow you up. I’ll melt you. Answer now, without joking. Do you have anything else to offer?”
Derflinger trembled.
“I’m over.”
He muttered.
“What?”
“It’s very hard for me to think. I’m just a sword. Legendary.”
“Because you are legendary, you should be more attentive to remarks.”
“No words are good enough, if you hide your feelings, behind unbreakable pride.”
Louise stepped back, thought for a while, and nodded.
“…What you said, is probably true. Though you are a sword you can understand a human's inner thoughts.”
“It’s because I lived so many years among them. And worked with them. It comes naturally. Now then, speaking of your situation…”
Louise and Derflinger discussed for a while… deciding a strategy. 

VOLUME 7 ~ CHAPTER 9

 It was an empty temple - there was no one inside. When the Allied Forces occupied it, all the priests who were in there ran away. 
Leaving the horse tied to the gate, two people entered inside.
It was clean and well swept.
The setting sun reflected through the stained glass, creating a solemn atmosphere.
Surrounded by this serene silence, Louise stood in front of the altar.
“You don’t wish to marry in Albion?”
Louise puckered up her brows.
“It just brings unpleasant memories.”
“You did this before, right?”
Louise nodded.
“Yes. However, at that time, I did not give my oath.”
“I see…”
Louise looked up at the Founder's image. Surrounded by the somewhat solemn atmosphere, she knelt before it and offered a silent prayer.
Louise thought while praying.
Why did I think about a wedding at a time like this?
Do I want it?
Just between me and Saito, without anyone else…
After all, I did not give a proper answer to Saito’s confession, there was no time to answer it either.
As this is the end, I am not afraid to show my feelings anymore.
But what are my feelings and why I did I think about a wedding all of a sudden…
Her mind felt disordered and she could not find an answer.
When she finished a prayer and opened her eyes… Saito stood there with a glass of wine.
“Where is this glass from?”
“It was decoration on the altar. And I thought God would not mind me borrowing it for such an occasion.”
Louise smiled, taking the glass.
“That’s the second time.”
Saito said.
“What?”
“You smiled to me. Now and the time we went shopping, it makes it two times, right? Even though you don’t really want to marry me.”
Louise felt happy. Saito was counting her smiles.
“That’s right.”
However, she could not say it directly. Straightforward words didn’t come easy to her. It was frustrating.
But the Louise of today was different.
Louise matched Saito’s cup.
“I’m sorry that we won’t be able to search for the way to return to your world together.”
“Don’t worry.”
Two people drank their wine.
From the alcohol and embarrassment, Louise’s cheeks turned crimson.
“So how do we get married?”
“I don’t really know myself.” 



“Is it all right? It won’t be done properly.”
“It’s all right. It’s you anyway.”
Not really knowing what to do, Louise clasped Saito’s hands.
“Now, give an oath.”
“But, there is no priest.”
“Stop complaining. Or do I have to do it for you?"
Saito looked straight at Louise and said,
“I love you, Louise.”
“Wha-…W-What…S-Stupid. It’s no good if you do not swear.”
Being told "I love you" so suddenly, Louise blushed furiously. Her body trembled with happiness.
“I am not lying. I am glad I was able to meet you. Really.”
Louise cast her eyes slightly down. I have to say it, now or never, she thought.
“I-I too…”
However, when she was about say that… a sudden drowsiness hit her.
“T-that? I…”
Suddenly the drowsiness became stronger. She could not see anything.
“You, the wine…”
She was not able to finish it. Strength and thoughts left Louise's body.
Saito caught the falling Louise. He took a small jar out of his pocket. It was the magical sleeping medicine, which Siesta gave him the other day.
“As expected. Magic is strong,”
He muttered, stepping outside with Louise in his arms. The evening sun almost finished setting and the surroundings became dim.
“Cold…” muttered a voice nearby.
“Aah, Familiar-kun.”
Next to the gates of the temple a beautiful boy with blond, nearly white, hair stood supporting himself against the wall with his arms crossed. His blue eye shone reflecting the setting sun.
It was Romalia’s priest and dragon knight Julio.
“You were spying on us again. What a bad hobby you have.”
“No, I just came here to pray. I am a priest after all.”
Julio answered, not dropping his smile.
“Anyway, take care of Louise.”
He was carefully hugging Louise close to his chest with both his hands, as if she was a fragile object, and said to Julio.
“Please go. And return safely to the ship.”
Saito placed her on Julio’s dragon.
“Thank you. Well, then.”
Julio called Saito to stop.
“Where are you going?”
Saito answered in a nonchalant voice
“I’m running away.”
“You are going in the wrong direction. Albion’s army is that way.”
“I know.”
Saito carelessly jumped on the horse, but Jullio called him to stop again.
“There’s only one thing I want to know.”
Saito answered.
“What?”
“Why are you going there? Surely you aren’t that foolish to die for honor, right?"
Saito thought for a moment… then puckered up his brows feeling relieved and shook his head.
“Because…”
“Well?”
“Because of love.” 
Julio began laughing loudly.
“Aahaha, you sound like a true Romalian!”
With a scowl, Saito crossed his arms.
“No, it’s not because of love for a woman, but because my inner feeling tells me so.”
“Please teach me that meaning if you can.”
Saito looked straight up ahead and said.
“I cannot, putting it to words is already a lie. Words can always lie. Only my feelings cannot let me lie about it.”
Julio made a funny gesture with his finger.
“Am I saying such strange things?”
“You are not a noble, just like me, right?”
“Yes.”
“Yet you think just like a noble.”
“Are you trying to get under my skin?”
Saito took the reins in his hands, gripped them tightly, and kicked the horse’s sides.
And rode towards the darkening road.
Watching his back, Julio smiled and muttered softly,
“You are very clumsy, Gandálfr.”


No comments:

Post a Comment